Optimize Application Development and Delivery
Developing applications can be a time-consuming, resource-intense – and costly – process with complex, unconnected project management tools. IT needs solutions that will optimize its resources, reduce costs for application development and shorten the time-to-value for implementing new business solutions.
Pegasystems offers a host of capabilities that streamline the development, testing and management of applications from inception to deployment. These fully integrated project methodology tools are designed to support best practices, eliminate time-consuming manual hand-offs and speed up designing, changing, testing and deploying your Pega solutions.
Pega provides business-friendly tools for directly capturing business objectives, best-practice project templates, Scrum-based project management and testing, champion-challenger piloting, localization, accessibility and optimization capabilities. Together, these tools act as agility accelerators for the lifecycle of a Pega application, reducing development time and effort by 30 percent or more and providing excellent visibility into the development process. With Pega’s project methodology and management capabilities, you can:
- Ensure business priorities drive best practices for developing projects.
- Use agile methods for fast feedback and accurate tracking of each project.
- Facilitate higher quality testing with shorter test cycles.
- Substantially reduce time to market for multi-language applications and worldwide deployment.
- Help to ensure that applications comply with accessibility regulations.
Pega also offers consulting, education, and support services to help our customers define and build a BPM infrastructure, improve and re-use components and rules, and increase their BPM maturity and capability.
- Application Profiling — A business-friendly wizard guides business process owners and analysts through the process of directly capturing requirements and objectives into Pega software. Pegasystems has implemented best practices for requirements gathering to enforce a consistent approach to defining applications.
- Project Management — A real-time view of your projects provides outstanding visibility into every project level and automatically monitors task completion. Dashboards and comprehensive reporting offer details about each project, along with quality and effort metrics that provide immediate insight into task and bug management.
- Test Management — A complete environment for creating test plans, performing tests and monitoring progress reduces testing time and cycles. Tests can be based on use cases from Pega’s Application Profiler, test cases from Pega’s Automated Unit Testing, or can be built from scratch.
- Automated Unit Testing — Flows and decision rules for every release can be automatically tested. You can create, modify, execute and retire tests and suites, define details of test cases, and view and save detailed test results.
- Localization —Pegasystems simplifies translation and localization management by automatically extracting text fields and context-appropriate screen shots into an easy-to-manage spreadsheet. Translators can focus on translation, using the complete package of text and screens to remove ambiguity in translating phrases.
- Accessibility — Automated assembly of Pega applications supports governmental accessibility regulations with accessibility enabled simply by using Pega's Accessibility solution.