Pega Cloud Service - FAQs
- Who can submit a request to the Pega Cloud Service Desk?
Only authorized individuals can submit a ticket to the Pega Cloud Service Desk.
- How can I submit a request to the Pega Cloud Service Desk?
- If you are NOT one of the authorized support contacts, you will have to contact your manager who will make the decision if you can become an authorized contact.
- If you are an authorized support contact AND you are requesting support for an INTERNAL PEGA CLOUD, you can submit a request via http://tickets.pegacloud.com.
- If you are an authorized support contact AND you are requesting support for a CUSTOMER PEGA CLOUD, you can submit a request via email@example.com.
The Pega Cloud Service Desk provides infrastructure support for your cloud instance. The Global Customer Support Help Desk provides PRPC product support.
You should contact GCS when you have an product specific issue to address. I.E. to report a PRPC bug or inquire about PRPC functionality.
You should contact the Pega Cloud Service Desk when you have a system related issue to address or a service request. The Pega Cloud Service Desk is responsible for addressing service disruption issues related to the connectivity, stability and performance of your cloud instance. The Pega Cloud Service Desk is also responsible for addressing service requests including backup and restore requests, restart requests, port/firewall change requests, database administration requests and requests to migrate a PRPC application from one environment to another.
Yes, the following Exhibit (A) contains the links and information which you will need to be aware of when configuring the desktop systems that will interact with any PRPC installation. Being on the cloud is not a factor in this configuration step, however, this are required to work with PRPC on the cloud.
This section will serve to provide an overview of the general requirements set forth by Pega for a user to run PRPC on his or her desktop.
This section is based on the following articles/documents on the PDN and contains a general overview of the desktop requirements to run PRPC:
Generally speaking, these are the requirements for software installed on the users’ desktop:
- Windows XP Professional with SP2 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7.0, and 8.0 with latest service packs and patches
- Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime 6.0, SP 5 or later
- Microsoft Visio 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010 (Macro Security should be set to Low)
- Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007, 2010
- Adobe Flash 10
Additionally, the URL used to access the PRPC application must be categorized as Medium or Medium-Low in Internet Explorer to allow the appropriate execution of OCX controls. In Internet Explorer 8 Internet Sites, by default, fall under Medium-High. It is therefore recommended that the PRPC URL used to access the application be added to the Internet Explorer trusted sites (and ensuring the Internet Explorer Trusted Sites are set to Medium or Medium-Low).
If automatic installation of OCX controls cannot be performed it is recommended that the following manual installers be used:
- HFIX-3091_CabInstaller.zip (PRPC 6.1 SP2 OCX Controls for Open Authoring) - available via GCS (the CabinInstaller.zip available from the PRPC 6.1 SP2 Installation Media under the ResourceKit directory contains the wrong version of some OCX files)
- PegaCALL_6.1_OCXManualInstall.zip (CPM 6.2 SP1 OCX Controls for Screen Pop) – available from the CPM 6.2 SP1 Installation Media under the ResourceKit directory.
If Visio launches in a separate Window please see instructions on how to delete Browser Flag from the Windows Registry (on Windows 7 Workstations):